Friday, April 10, 2009

would i want to live forever?

answer: yes

Obviously I would have to have good health throughout my eternal life. I mean it's already a question that can never be considered a question because it's a fantasy. Nevertheless I will explain why I would want to live forever.

I mean, why not? I would probably become a very smart person in a couple hundred years. I will be able to witness every incredible thing to come in history, and see if they ever do make a flying car like they promised me in Back To The Future. I don't think I'd really want a flying car though. I'd prefer a safe jet pack i think. I will also be able to watch Seth Rogen's grandson's grandson's movies. That alone is a solid reason. It will also satisfy more of my disbeliefs on religion. I mean how come there hasn't been any new gods or new incredible stories? I haven't heard about anyone parting the Red Sea since Moses. That'd be quite a scene to see on the news.

I do not believe in the Afterlife, so what's my hurry to die? I've got nothing to look forward to. If I'm afraid of death at nineteen, I'm sure it will only get worse in the future. I could see myself becoming like Billy Crystal in "When Harry Met Sally" and read the last page of every book when I start it. Or I could become more comfortable with death, if I've failed at everything I've aspired to become. Either way it's no fun to think of death, unless you're blogging about how awesome it would be to live forever.

Something I also find bizarre is many religious people do believe in an Afterlife but would not want to live forever. So does that mean that they live forever in some other world or something, up in the clouds? What's the difference? Buddhist's believe you come back as a different creature. So do I have the mind from my human body? I'm honestly asking this because I have not researched the Buddhist faith. Nevertheless, I wouldn't want it either way. If I come back as a cockroach without my mind, I will not be aware everyone's trying to kill me. With my mind I will be aware everyone's trying to kill me. Another lose-lose situation. I appreciate what I have and am content with living forever is this world. This world is awesome.

On the negative side, I'm aware of how awful it would be to outlive my love and family. But since this is a fantasy, my wife could live forever as well. I also will be able to hang out with all the future Duda's to come. That'd be cool. 

I find it odd when people say they don't want to live forever. They must not be too enthused about the life they are living right now. 

It's weird to ask questions to no one as you write. Don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment