Wednesday, April 22, 2009

twitter

I don't understand where people sum up this hatred for Twitter from. It's just another social networking site, but you get to check out what cool celebrities are doing. Also, it's a good way to get the updates on movie and television show knowledge. Aziz Ansari confirmed a second season of Eastbound and Down. He's not going to lie like stupid imdb and "movie buff" blogs that claim to be in the business. I like looking forward to those types of things. I want to know the updates and when they're shooting Seth and Jay Vs. The Apocalypse, so i could possibly work on that film with the genius Seth Rogen and Jay Baruchel. 

I don't see that big of a difference comparing it to facebook and Myspace. It's just the status updates and 3rd person wall posts. I rarely put status updates on facebook and find it annoying when people update every hour. But that's what Twitter is, updating every hour. Yes i find it stupid when people post everyday activity that no one would ever care about. But if you're cool, you post witty/hilarious updates for other people's enjoyment. I will never care about someone's trip to McDonald's for dinner, nor should people be telling others about that.

There's a lot less pressure to put updates on Twitter as well, because how accepted it is to post ten a day in the Twitter community. If people are posting ten updates on facebook a day that's just annoying. I know what Twitter is and it's purpose going in, so I'm not going to complain when reading about how one of my friends is taking a shower. I'm just going to post some sweet one-liners. It's just another website to add to the long list of must-visit websites in my morning routine.

It's equally as annoying when people complain about changing the facebook layout. If it offends you that much emotionally, I'm not sure I want to be friends with you anymore.

So let's stop complaining about these social networking websites publicly. I'm not sure if complaining about the complainers qualifies as complaining about the social networking sites. Either way, either way.


Oh, and viewing this page often makes me laugh loudly. http://twitter.com/KFUCKINGP

No comments:

Post a Comment